MUPPET
:
[mah-pet] origin, British slang derived from an association with Jim Henson's 'muppet' puppets. e.g. Kermit the frog or Miss Piggy. noun, refers to an idiotic or silly person in a highly affectionate and loving way. You got on the wrong plane, you muppet. OR. Leave that fit spanish man alone havent you scared him enough, you muppet?
ABROAD: [uh-brawd] noun, a foreign land or lands, e.g. the Isle of White (not to be confused with 'a broad' - gangsta term for a lady type person). adverb, description of presence in a country/continent outside of the land of origin. Hannah will soon be famous at home and abroad :)

Disclaimer: in no way shape or form am I implying that I am THE Kermit the frog let alone Miss Piggy...any references made to the 'muppet' term should be accepted fully under the 'adorable idiot' definition. I, Hannah, being the adorable idiot :)

.

Dam that's a heavy bag...

...so I arrived in Sydney and no one was at the airport to collect me, flash back to getting on the wrong plane - no this time for sure I'd got the right one...hadn't I? Well there was no little man with a board saying Miss Burke/Hannah/Muppet, no wanted picture of my face and no friend standing there with a well deserved coffee....maybe I wasn't at the right place? Queue text from Laura (New Aussie but Old Pommy friend)...I'm not worth the car parking apparently, so she was on her way now that she knew I'd landed safe...nice lol!

It had been a fairly traumatic morning what with the lacking welcome party, the loss of my beloved cushion and my bag...oh my days my bag! What I should tell you is; I don't think I actually picked my bag up in any way, shape or form between buying it and now, arriving at Sydney airport...my brother had carried it down the stairs after I packed it, my dad had put it in the car and then at the airport my brother had carried it and we'd checked it in....no lifting required on my part - I had thought excellent job me! No. No not an excellent job see if I had at least tried to carry it I would not have caused such a scene at baggage claim trying to lift it off the roundabout bag thing (carousel?)...straining and pulling and nothing! It didn't budge! My feeble little muscles were no match for my weighty bag...so turning to the crowd that had clearly gathered to laugh, and some were pointing, at me I exclaimed that I had inner strength and rolled it off onto a trolley before wheeling it away like a tramp with a trolley! Both the huffing and puffing in moving my bag and the slight humiliation at the unhelpful crowd had left me quite flustered! At this point I grabbed a coffee and collapsed into a chair before being mounted by Cooper....now those of you that know Ex-Cooper will remember the short bleach blond hair cut and tall, tallness....she is still tall but has loonnnngggg ginger hair and it was very good to see her...eventually! (I'm joking Cooper, thank you for picking me up I LOVE YOU!)

Anyway we caught up on each others lives on the drive to hers, I was loving the sunshine - totally surreal getting on a plane in the snow and getting off in the blazing heat...LOVE IT!

I unpacked...well I lay on my matrice, took off my hoody and got my phone out but its all relative. Gave Cooper her presents including the infamous chocolate orange...I'm still not ready to talk about it though...then she frog marched me out to get coffee and bacon rolls (not as good as British ones...I wouldn't have served it to Colin the handy man you know, but it was okay) with a friend of hers...back for cheese and biscuits and a movie by which time I sort of passed out on her sofa...I'd lasted until 2.30pm. I was unconscious until the next day where I met her husband James for the first time since our first ever meeting at her wedding earlier that year where I distinctly remember telling him that if he ever hurt my friend I would hunt him down with a crossbow and make him suffer...its amazing he let me stay in his house actually! A chilled out day ensued - coffee (served by Madge from Neighbours - well her thinner lookalikey...I was most impressed), then Cooper had her business done while I had my nails done the coolest orange ever...yes I have been tangoed! They look cool though - made me feel very grown up like what that Debbie and Sharon do back home - I love playing grown ups! So nails done we hit Parramatta for dinner (pronounced Parramaddddaaa cos all these Aussies pronounce T's like D's...it is already a pet hate of mine and I will knock it out of Cooper!) and chocolate dippy things with their friend Bethany...hilarity followed as it always does with me (jokes) and I 'accidentally' fraped Cooper. She did not see the funny side of her FB status reading 'Laura Anne Penry is naked after her Brazilian and break dancing with a Russian midget and James' - now I ask you how is that not funny especially when an old family friend comments 'er that's a bit too much information but glad you're having fun I guess' ha ha - how was I to know anyone would take that status seriously....sigh....another day done :) 

28 & 29 December
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment